Does Your Insurance Policy Cover Hail Damage Repair Costs?
When you wake up to the sound of a mother of a storm, it's not uncommon to find out that your roof is in rough shape. Moreover, damage can be more than just cosmetic. Hailstorms can leave holes in roofs, ripping shingles off, and cause leaks. Hail storms are common in other regions of the country, but just 11 have been recorded in Ohio this year. All Around Roofing, Siding & Gutters suggest asking your insurance company if hail damage repair costs are covered when you are getting your home insurance.
Your homeowner’s policy will cover roof damage caused by hail along with other related water damage inside the house or on its structure. However, before disaster strikes and a storm comes through while you're in town, for example, make sure that your homeowner's coverage includes this type of event.
What can Hail Damage do to your property?
If you have roof damage in Dayton, Ohio, it can lead to drastic water damage. The damage will not only ruin your ceiling and walls but also erode the structural elements of your home. You might find mold or mildew creeping upon any objects near the damages including furniture and clothes. Moreover, they will also damage electrical components such as wall sockets, lights, fans, etcetera. All of these things are in jeopardy when exposed to leaking water for too long!
Prevent Hail Damages to your Roof
A hail storm can be a costly, and life-threatening event for your home. It is important to take to avoid problems with your roof during hail storms:
- Get a new roof installed as soon as possible. Overly worn-out roofing might provide a safety risk to employees, which may lead to a lawsuit. It's important to check your home insurance policy's liability coverage before you hire a contractor.
- Install storm shutters on your doors and windows to protect them from the elements.
- Install hail-resistant roofing materials such as Class 4 shingles, coated metals, or synthetic slate on your home's roof.
- If roof fittings such as skylights and vents have been damaged by hail and are prone to leaking, they should be replaced.
Is your homeowner’s insurance going to cover hail damage repair costs?
- If you want to protect your house from hailstorms in Ohio and other disasters, an HO-3 is the best way. These policies are typically what most homeowners need for their homes. They cover roof damage caused by hail or windstorms as well fires that could happen in a home. Many times these types of insurance come with a deductible fee upfront before coverage kicks back in, but it'll be worth it knowing that you're safe!
- Many people who leave their homes vacant for more than 60 days are not aware that their insurance company may deny future claims on the property. If you plan to be away from your hail damage house or if it is vacant, then make sure to get coverage before any incidents occur!
- If your roof should have been replaced before the damages caused by such storms, an insurance adjuster may deny your claim. This is because of preexisting damage on the property. However, if you experience water damages inside due to hailstorms while still having coverage under this policy then those losses might be covered too!
For the homeowners in Dayton OH or the surrounding region, All Around Roofing, Siding & Gutters provide free roof inspection to determine the damage. Moreover, we will assist you in getting your insurance claim and presenting the data to your adjuster. We will walk you through the process to make sure your Hail Damage Repair Costs are approved by the adjuster. Our team is available 24/7/365 days to get your roof back looking as new as it was. Call today at (937)-902-2839!